Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Farmers Market Goodness

Hello, my name is Gaia and i'm a farmers market junkie (hello, Gaia)
I love our farmers market. Not enough people in my area take advantage of all the locally grown wonders there. Veggies, plants, hand made soaps and art work. It's one of our best kept secrets! I love bringing home big bunches of fresh flowers and yummy veggies. Last weekend i bought tons of corn, cut it all off the cob and froze it for later. And i got this colorful bunch of fall flowers. Remember this pitcher? It's perfect for big arraignments


The color and texture of cocks comb has always intrigued me


And look at the little friend i brought home!


I got six plants for $20.00. Six! I mixed mums and ornamental cabbages in this wagon i picked up this summer. Check out my pumpkins-we grew these babies!




Someone decided to take a little nibble out of the bottom of this guy-it reminds me of 'James and the Giant Peach' !

(and yes, the flowers are fake) gasp!

Go visit your local farmers market- you never know what you'll find!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?