Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Garage Sale Gods Were Smiling

Just when you think the season is over, the garage sale gods smile upon you and send you an end of season wind fall of wonderful junk. This weekend i went to one sale (which for me is like only eating one bite of a cookie) and met the sweetest lady. Don't you find you met the nicest people at sales? This woman was cleaning out her late Aunts home and decided to have a last minute sale- i decided to take a last minute drive, and the garage sale gods smiled on us both!



I've been thinking of re-doing our powder room and adding a gallery of small prints-these horses will be perfect

(I know, another project)

Couldn't pass on this Pottery Barn drink carrier- it's useful, right? ; )


This little pile of wonderfulness was only $5.oo (little happy dance)


The wild flower book is filled with beautiful illustrations



I'm going to turn these into magnets-another winter project


And then there was the wall of metal boxes. I wish i had taken a picture at the sale-this was only a smidge of what she had for sale. I'm a sucker for storage boxes, especially when there this cute!LOVE this sweet girl. The marker came off pretty easily with a 'Magic Eraser' and some 'Goof Off '. I scrubbed them all up and now think i'm ready to re-organize my pantry. Yes, another project.

But the best find of all was an old wire laundry basket. I've been searching for one of these for.ev.ah. In my euphoria, i forget to snap a picture of it. Next time.

Now i'm off to start the re-do of Ms. A's bedroom. Yes, i know...another project!

I had a great time linking up with The Shabby Nest for 'Frugal Friday' and saw SO many beautiful blogs and amazing projects. Welcome to several new followers! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments ( you know how we love comments!) I can't wait to make a big cup of coffee and spend some time exploring your blogs!


What projects do you have planned for the winter?



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?