Monday, July 19, 2010

Muffin Tops

No, no, no, not the "I'm wearing my daughters jeans but really shouldn't be" muffin top, the yummy blueberry kind!

It's blueberry season in Michigan and even though i didn't pick these, the farmers market had a wonderful selection.

I tore out this recipe from the September 2003 issue of Gourmet. It was inspired by the 1997 "Seinfeld" episode about Elaine and the muffin tops (remember that one?) I finally located a muffin top pan and was ready to go ( It really didn't take me seven years to find a pan !)


Good gravy, i've been trying to type in this recipe for over half an hour and for some reason it ends up scattered all over (gremlins in my computer) SO, i apologize for no recipe, however i'm sure if you googled Gourmet Magazine 2003 you would find it there. Sorry!

The only change i would make would be to use a brown sugar and butter crumble for the topping. They used white sugar. I also threw in a dash of cinnamon- it makes everything better!







How do you say 'no' to that face?



My taste testers


Right from the oven with a smear of butter. Heaven!


Here is the down side. The mess.

This is where a teenage daughter and five bucks comes in handy! Works like a charm!

Happy Wednesday! Go enjoy yourself some blueberry love!


1 comment:

  1. Yum! You just helped me decide what to make for breakfast! :) ~Shelley O.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?