Monday, November 15, 2010

Catching Up

I'm so happy to report that Miss. Rylee is back home from the doggie hospital and doing great! She's on regiment of daily meds and seems back to her old self. Max's world is back in order, too. I've been slowly catching up on all the important things like laundry, your blogs and past episodes of 'Boardwalk Empire' You know, the important things!

One of my favorite reads 'Forgotten Old Photos ', was blog of note this week. This lovely lady does such a beautiful job of bring the past to the present. Many of the photo's she posts, actually make their way back to their families. Can you imagine receiving an unknown photo of long gone relatives? Amazing.



Another blog i enjoy along those lines is 'Forgotten Bookmarks'. Old books, and the forgotten treasures tucked inside their pages. I eat this stuff up. Many of my old books are from my Grandparents. I love finding treasures stuffed between the pages. I have found many articles from their hometown newspaper, directions to apple orchards and inside this copy of, 'Sonnets From The Portuguese', was this cute add from 1928:


Was someone shopping for a new frock for the dance? We'll never know, but it's fun to eaves drop into that little window of time.

I think my love for all things old and forgotten is a desire to rescue the past. To hold on to and bring back to life even the tiniest and dustiest glimpse into what once was.

And i just love old junk. ♥


Have a great day!




1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and say HI. LOVE your blog (your pictures and music are great!). Glad to hear Rylee pup is doing better. Looks like Max was lost without her! I started following Forgotten Old Photos yesterday and will have to check out Forgotten Bookmarks. Thanks for letting us know about it!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?