Friday, January 14, 2011

Good-bye to Some Old Friends


Hello, my name is Gaia, and i'm shoe addict. {Hello, Gaia}
Shoes have always been there for me. They don't dis me after the holidays like my JEANS {hate you} they always fit... not always well, but they fit.
See that clear space at the top of my closet? I'm saying good-bye a few old friends to make way for my new bff. Yes, we're besties.


Good-bye silver slippers, you have no support and cut into by baby toe like a knife through butter. I'll miss you.


Good-bye impractical peep toes. Your awesome platform has no flexibility and makes walking impossible. You were the best standing around shoe. Ever. I'll miss you.


Good-bye pointy-toed heels, you were the whip. No amount of baby powder could pack my toes into your un-natural point comfortably. You ROCKED the toe cleavage. I'll miss you the most.

A moment of silence, please. .O.K. enough of that.


Allow me to introduce you to my new bff. {isn't she beautiful?}

She's so shiny! And sparkly! And... oh my!

My bff and i {and sweet man} are stepping out tonight at the auto show.
I'm sending out a 'lil prayer to the shoe gods- "Please, don't let me fall off my shoes and land on my face in front of all these lovely people- they don't need to see that."

Wish me luck!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Make it shiny!




2 comments:

  1. GREAT post...made me smile...hope you and yor new besties stay friends forever:)
    Rene
    THANKS for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a shoe thing...but I understand.
    What does one wear with something that glitzy!!??

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?