Monday, August 9, 2010

Garden Views

A friend of mine once told me that after months of working in your garden, August was the month to sit back and enjoy it all. I walked through the yard this morning taking pictures and thought i would share some with you. The good, the bad, and the blurry!


The bunt pan i bought earlier this summer got planted with sedums.

Check out the water drop in this one- it looks like a diamond!



Blurry bee...
The first bloom of many on our arbor. Soon this...
...will be this!

This has framed my girls 'first day of school' shot for the past several years ( much to their grumbling!)
A pot of herbs. It smells de.vine. Soon, i'll start drying some of these for winter. Right now we use them as fast as we can. The basil is down to the nubs!
Good morning, glories!
The pole beans did great this summer
Just look at that little guy! Isn't he the cutest? I know, he probably munch all those holes in the pedals, but he's still cute!
I have a great 'accidental' pumpkin vine growing from the compost bin. There are two biggies growing here. Perfect for Halloween.
Yay! Another blurry shot!
I started another patch of ferns next to the hammock. Last year some puppy (i'm not naming any names, RYLEE ) thankyouverymuch, decided it would be a great place to dig, nap, chew, and dig some more. We'll try again.
I bought a bunch of these flowers at the farmers market. I have no idea what they are or if they'll return next year. I really hope so. They have long stiff stems with purple clusters on the ends. Any idea's???
These urns sat on every one of my Grandparents porches for as long as i can remember. They always filled them with red geraniums and spikes. I love looking through old photo's and seeing them in the background. They make me feel like i've come home ♡
The worst you treat these cone flowers, the better they do. The bee's and butterflies have a field day with them.Thanks for wandering through the garden with me : )

Enjoy your day!



1 comment:

What's on your mind?