Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I"m Smokin' !

Now, now, let's not get our panties in a bunch! I haven't taken up a bad habit, i've simply discovered the delicious world of the smoker! It looks a bit like something from Star Wars, but it produces the most amazing flavor! I've been experimenting with cherry, and apple wood. I think i love them both.

I found a great recipe here . I searched "How to make smoked salmon" and, ta-da, there it was. Yes, it is time consuming, and yes, you have to baby sit your smoker all day, but, oh my, it's worth it!





I glazed half of the salmon with maple syrup to give it a sweet crust. It makes a great dinner, hot off the smoker, or, chilled and spread with cream cheese on a bagel. Dee- lish!






Have you tried any new dishes lately?





Happy Tuesday!

Gaia 








No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?