Friday, March 12, 2010

I ♡ Dirt











Yup, it's true...i love dirt. No, not the kind that accumulates under the bed or hides in the crevasses of the base boards but the kind that smells of spring-of hope. That loamy, ancient smell of the Earth herself.
Right about now i've got the bug bad. I need to dig! This part of the country takes her sweet time warming up, so it's way too soon to plant outside. I get my fix by starting a few things inside. Today i bought my starter kit and a few seeds.


I usually buy tomato plants already established, but i loved the look of these sweet and tangy 'Red Lightning' tomatoes, so i thought i would give them a try. Sweet basil and cilantro are a must, and we can't forget the 'Jack Be Littles' (love those little cuties!)


These big fuglies are 'Elephant Ear Mammoths . They grow the most ginormous leaves- almost 5 feet tall! They come back year after year (if you remember to dig them up in the fall) *sigh*

I did a little thrifting this week and found this sweet chocolate tin.



It's engraved on the top...

...and little Harold did his own inscription on the bottom. It says, "To Mother, From Harold" What a good son!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?