Monday, November 19, 2012

EAT!

 So, as much as i LOVE Pinterest, i realized it really has become just one more way for me to collect stuff. And, i lurve collecting stuff {just ask sweet man} Nuff said.
This girl is gonna use that virtual stuff.
 On my board "Gettin' Crafty", i found this cute idea on how to give paper mache letters a vintage industrial look.


I picked up the EAT letters at Hobby Lobby, spray painted them with a couple coats of chrome spray paint. There are a great selection of metallic paints out there, but this is what was in my cupboard : )

 Once dry, lightly sand, concentrating a bit more on the edges. The letter on the left has been sanded, and the letter on the right has not.

 Then hang em up! They're so light, i was able to hang them with command strips.


I decided to browse my "Noms" board for Thanksgiving inspiration, and found a recipe for crock pot cinnamon sugar almonds. I needed sugared pecans for a pumpkin pie recipe, so i threw in pecans. I'll let you know how they turn out! {fyi, if they don't turn out, the cinnamon mixture is SO dee-lish, that you might find me in a sugar coma on the kitchen floor}


We are headed up to our Northern Nest for a Thanksgiving food fest. I'm really looking forward to spending time with my girls and sweet man. I'm so thankful to have this time to catch up, and re-connect with each other, and what better way to do that than over a great meal.
What are you thankful for?

 I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Enjoy!

Gaia

1 comment:

  1. really cute!!!
    I have wood ones painted red above my kitchen window..love'em

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?